Tuesday, August 18, 2009

9 months? Seriously??

I just don’t know how it is I am going to stay patient for the next 9 months. At least when you find out you’re pregnant, you already have a good month or so down. And for the life of me I can’t figure out why that dumb counter on the blog isn’t working right.


I’m excited. No…more like ecstatic. I’ve dove my nose into books upon books about RVing, homeschooling, etc. and every page I turn just gets me that much more excited. I think the homeschooling idea has me the most excited. Just the sheer thought of getting my kids out of “jail” (as Koti so eloquently termed it) will be an experience.


As I was taking them to school yesterday, Koti makes the following assessment:


“You know, school is just like jail. Think about it. The food is gross, you only get a set amount of time to play outside, and you’re locked up in this building all day long. I mean, they try to spice it up a bit with things like P.E., music and stuff, but its still school. Just like jail, you know how they have carpentry and stuff, but you know its still jail.”


Wow! LOL I died laughing, but deep down inside, I know she’s right. I just can’t wait to get them on the road and get them loving to learn again; about things that matter….things that they NEED to know. I mean, who really cares how many different ways you can do long division if you can’t even cut a recipe in half!


EBay is up and running. I got a couple of huge loads of books this weekend, so I’m listing, listing, listing. It's kind of funny how a bookworm like me ironically ends up running an online bookstore. How appropriate. It’s too soon to tell, but I have great expectations for it!


Garage sale is next Friday. It's mostly going to be putting out clothes, toys and miscellaneous household items.


I think I’ll make one of those thermometer posters for us to track our savings. That might be a good visual aid to keep us motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment